This page is for people who are signed up for a MindSonar Certification Training.
I am honored that you have chosen to become a MindSonar Professional.
In the upcoming training you will learn a lot about mindsets, thinking styles and value sets. And you will learn to apply your understandings to coaching, team building and recruitment. You will learn to get to the heart of people's thinking...
The way the training is set up, it is important to do some preparation activities. We will be using the results of these activities during our training days.
Looking forward to meeting you and/or getting in touch with you online!
Things to do before your first training day
To get started with your MindSonar training, there are a few things I would like you to do. Please do these activities before the first meeting. That way you will be well oriented and much better prepared to benefit from the training program.
- Get your license code.
- Set up a MindSonar project in your user panel.
- Make 4 MindSonar profiles.
- Save the reports to a memory stick and print the graphics pages.
- Post a message in the International Whatsapp.
- Read some of Case Reports.
- Read some of background articles.
- Read the ebook 'Mastering Communication'.
1. Getting your license code
To change settings or download profiles in your MindSonar dashboard, you need your license code. When you sign up for the certification training, the organization offering the training will send you:
- Your Mindsonar license code
- Your password for the MindSonar user panel.
What if I did not receive my license code yet?
If you have signed up for a MindSonar certification training and you did not receive a license code yet, please contact the organization that is organising the certification.
In case of emergency, they can let you make MindSonar profiles under their license code until you receive your own license code. In this case you will not be able to download your profiles directly. They will download them for you and then mail them to you.
2. Setting up a project in your MindSonar user panel
To log in to your MindSonar user panel
- Go to https://www.mindsonardata.com
- Enter your license code and password.
- Click on the large blue button 'Projects'
- You will need to log in once more (same license code and password)
- Click on 'Add new project'
- In the box, fill in
- Project name (Choose anything, but we advise to keep it simple on order to avoid typo's. The name is capital sensitive).
- Start date (For now, leave it on today)
- End date (No profiles can be made in this project on or after this date)
- Number of projects (Set this to at least 4, because you'll need 4 profiles later. You can set it higher. Some people like to set up one single project and use that all the time).
- Select one or more languages that respondents can choose from
- Leave the other settings a they are for now.
- Remember your project name, you will need to give it to people who make a MindSonbar profile).
3. Making 4 MindSonar profiles
Now you are ready to do your first MindSonar profile!
Before the first meeting of the certification training, I would like you to do 4 profiles.
How to make a profile?
- Log into https://www.mindsonar.com
- Enter your license code and the project name (see point 2, above)
- Choose your language
- Start the profile
How to download a profile?
- Go to https://www.mindsonardata.com
- Enter your license code and password.
- Click on the first large blue button 'Reports'
- You see a list of profiles that are available
- Click on the 'pdf' logo on the left side in front of the profile name.
- The system will download the profile in pdf format.
- If you wish, you can also download 'pdf description'. This downloads a static document describing the meta programs and the Graves drives.
The 4 profiles to make
Profile 1: At my best
You are filling out this profile for yourself. For this profile, think of situations where you are at your best. You are in flow. You are feeling great about yourself. You are at your best!
Profile 2: Problem situation
You are filling out this profile for yourself too. For this profile think of a situation - or a type of situations- where you were not happy with how you responded. You could call this a problem situation or, alternatively, you could call this a situation where you did not reach certain goals or standards. Before you do this profile, note down the question - about this problem - that you would like to find answers to. "What I would like to understand is...."
Profiles 3 and 4: Other people
Have two other people fill out MindSonar. You might explain that you are learning to work with MindSonar and you need practice. There are 20 free profiles included in your Certification training.
- Before they fill out the test, talk to them about the context; the situation - or the type of situations - for which you are going to measure their thinking style.
- Please remember that MindSonar is not a personality test. You can read more about that here. That's why you need to choose a context. When they fill out the test, MindSonar will ask them for which context they want to have their thinking style measured.
- Also, talk with them about the question they would like to answer with the MindSonar profile.
- They will need your license code and the project name you set up in the user panel before. Direct them to http://www.mindsonar.com.
- Explain to them that they need to use either a desktop or a laptop computer (no tablet and no smart phone) and that it's usually better to use a mouse rather than a touch pad.
- Ask them to switch on their speakers.
- MindSonar does not work well on tablets and mobile phones, so ask them to use a desktop or laptop computer.
- Download their profiles from http://www.mindsonardata.com, study the reports and then discuss the results with them. You can e-mail them the report to prepare them for this conversation. Then go over all the graphs with them.
- Come back to the original question they formulated before the filled out the test. Historical moment: you are doing your first MindSonar interpretation session!
Who might you ask to do this?
- For instance a colleague who is interested in psychology. They might feel nervous or frustrated with certain people or in certain meetings. They might wonder: How can I respond differently?
- Or you might have a nephew who is very good at computer gaming but not so good at school work. His parents might wonder: How is he thinking when he's gaming and how can he apply that kind of thinking more to his school work?
- Or you might have a friend who wants to start a new business and who is wondering: What are my strong points and what are my pitfalls as an entrepreneur?
- Or you might have two friends or colleagues who have questions about their relationship. You might profile them both and then discuss their similarities and differences.
You will be practicing with MindSonar, and at the same time you are providing these people with a valuable service.
4. Saving the reports to a memory stick and also print the graphics pages
And please bring that memory stick to the training, so we can look at your profiles on a beamer. Also print the graphics page (the page with the diagrams) of each of those four profiles and bring those too.
5. Posting a message on this International MindSonar WhatsApp
Post a message In the International MindSonar WhatsApp.
To become a member of this group, use this code:
You can simply say hello and introduce yourself briefly.
Or you might have questions or requests for this international group of MindSonar Professionals.
6. Reading some Case Reports
7. Reading some background articles
8. Reading the ebook 'Mastering Communication'
Please read the ebook 'Mastering Communication'.
The price for the book is US$ 15,-- Please click here to order it.
Alternatives to this ebook
Maybe there is a book in your language that you could read instead of 'Mastering Communication". Dutch people, you can order the e-book in English or get the printed book (the original Dutch version).
A Note about your free profiles
Your certification training includes a number of free profiles which you may use up until a year after the first training day.
You will need some of these profiles for training assignments (like the 4 profiles mentioned above). You may use the rest in whatever way you see fit. If you want to sell them as part of coaching or consulting services, that's fine with us. Some participants earn back a part of their training fee that way.
If you have any urgent questions or requests that your local distributor cannot answer, feel free to contact me directly.
+31 6 34 11 0996