A license for using MindSonar can only be obtained by completing the MindSonar Certification training (a minimum of 6 training days) and passing the certification exam. MindSonar professionals are registered in the international MindSonar Registry and have the right to use the Certification Seal on their web site and in other publications.
Please report any abuse or unwarranted use of the title ‘Registered MindSonar Professional’, the seal or the MindSonar trademark to the Institute of Eclectic Psychology, firstname.lastname@example.org
Using MindSonar without Certification
If you want to use MindSonar, but you do not want to take the Certification training, you can use it under the supervision of someone who is certified.
People have asked us why we don’t put MindSonar on line for the general public, like many other tests are these days. We have several reasons not to do that. First of all, interpreting MindSonar, although it has quite an extensive (30+ pages) written report, works best with a trained professional helping. This increases the quality of the interpretation. Also, interpretation is useful only to the extent that you can actually do something with it. A trained professional can help people translate their insights into action, through advice, coaching and training. The same goes for organizations. Understanding how people think is only valuable in so far as people in the organization can use that understanding to change their behavior. So we see MindSonar as only one part of the system. The other part- usually the biggest part – is the professional using it. In combination they form a great product. We believe that in the long run, we will be able to maintain a much higher quality product by linking MindSonar to trained professionals through the Certification training.
Certification Training Subjects
The certification training covers the following subjects
- A1. Synonyms for Meta Program Distinctions
- A2. Metaprogram Examples
- A3. Frankensteining Meta Program Combinations.
- A4. Metaprograms in Movement (Nonverbal expressions)
- A5. Broad knowledge of Meta Programs
- B1. MindSonar Preparation Session
- B2. MindSonar Interpretation Session.
- B3: Enhancing Communication and Motivation by Matching Thinking Style
- B4. Live Observation of Meta Programs
- C1. Computer Skills
- C2. Explaining Benchmark Profiles
- D1. Problem Analysis (Diagnostics) with Meta Programs
- D2. Eclectic change model
- D3. Coaching Level 1: Triggers and Activation Statements
- D4. Coaching Level 2: Activating Resources
- D5. Coaching Level 3: Intensive Goal Definition (Solution Focused Coaching)
- E1. Team Building with MindSonar: Team Training Protocol
- E2. Values, Criteria and Meta Programs in Teams: 4 Types of Teams
- F1. MindSonar Projects: Thinking from Problem to Project
- F2. Calculating Return On Investment
- F3. Designing Products: ‘Powered by MindSonar’
- F3. Presenting an Elevator Pitch for a MindSonar Product
- F4. Self-motivation with the ‘Elated Customer’-strategy.
Several people involved in MindSonar Certification trainings, have understandably wondered about what the examination entails. What does the examination consist of? The examination evolves over time, but will, at any given moment, be the same in all countries.
Right now (2016) The examination consists of:
- Test 1 – Theory Test
This is test with 60 multiple choice questions.
- Test 2 – Interpretation Test
Candidates get a profile and answer questions about the profile(s).F.i.: Here you see two profiles of police officers for the context of ‘Taking the shooting test’. One of them has a strong fear of failure when taking the shooting test. Which one is that? Which combination of Meta Programs and/or value systems seem responsible for his fear while taking the shooting test? And what would you do – describe coaching techniques -if you were coaching him? MindSonar Central sends this test too to the Distributor two weeks in advance, so they can translate the test.
This test too needs to be taken in the presence of Distributor’s personnel.
- Document 1 – Case Study Individual Coaching
Candidates write a case study of individual coaching with MindSonar. The coaching level must be minimally level 2 in the eclectic coaching model.Preferably written in English. If this is not feasible for participants, the Distributor can either translate the case study into English – or have the candidate translate it in English – or discuss the study on Skype with MindSonar Central.
- Document 2 – Case Study Organization
Candidates write a case study of an organizational development project. The project must involve at least two people and focus on an organizational problem or goal.
Language: see c.
- Document 3 – Examples of Meta Programs
Candidates compile a list with example of each meta program. So one example of ‘proactive’ and one example of ‘ reactive’ and so on. These examples may be any content. People have used: love poems, Bible citations, newspaper headings, football comments, song texts, cartoons, movie clips, famous quotes, and so on.